I am stuck on the page entitled "Read carefully"! . . .
1) You need to enable macros of your excel file.
How to enable macros : http://www.exceltrick.com/how_to/enable-macros-in-excel.
2) You have enabled macros, but you are still stuck on this page and cannot access the core tool: the Microsoft Excel version set on your computer may be too outdated. Try to open the SPI4 tool from another computer (with Excel 2007 SPP3 (Service Pack 3) or more recent versions.
3) If you already have the version Excel 2007 and still unable to activate macros, install the Service Pack 3 which provides the latest updates to the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=27838
What are the optional modules for? . . .
If your institution has a specific mission focus, you can select additional modules that will add indicators for a deeper analysis in this area.
Poverty – For instutions with a specific poverty focus, these indicators were developed by Truelift
Gender – Indicators developed with Women’s World Banking for institutions with a specific women focus
Green Index – Indicators to measure your practices in green microfinance, developed with the European Microfinance Platform
What is the external reporting option? . . .
The external reporting option lets users filter the questionnaire to either add or subtract indicators, based on certain institutions’ reporting requirements.
- CORDAID - Opportunity International affiliates - ALINUS - developed by the working group for social investors - a subset of 80 indicators to use in investor due diligence and reporting
Can I import data from other assessment tools? . . .
The SPI4 is fully aligned with the Smart Campaign’s Client Protection Principles, MIX MRE and Microfact Factsheet, developed by ADA/BRS. Users can import data from any of these assessment formats to make it easier and faster to fill in the SPI4. Just click on the assessment format you’d like to import and follow the instructions. Any problems? Contact CERISE.
What’s ALINUS ? . . .
ALINUS is a working group of investors and fund managers committed to using the Universal Standards/SPI4 in their investments.
The “ALINUS option” is a sub-set of 80 SPI4 indicators, selected by the investors themselves, to use in due diligence and reporting.
Should I send my SPI4 to investor partners? . . .
Yes! Especially if you partner with an ALINUS investor. This will help your institution save valuable time on reporting to investors.
What method does the SP4 use for GNI/capita, Atlas or PPP? . . .
We use the Atlas method in SPI4 for the following reasons: two types of information are available at the country scale: GNI per capita and GNI adjusted for purchasing power parity (PPP). The latter is an adjustment that equalizes the purchasing power of different countries to facilitate international comparison of GNI. Since loans are used in a local context, local prices and local purchasing power must be considered. It is therefore necessary to use GNI data that has not been adjusted for PPP.
I can't calculate the APR of my institution . . .
Possible problems: 1) Make sure you have entered enough products to cover 80% of the loan portfolio. 2) Your product is too complex (ex., daily, quarterly, annual repayments, commissions >5% of loan amount). For more complex products, you need to use the Microfinance Transparency Pricing Calculator. See our How to Use the APR Calculation guide for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the APR tool work?. . .
Calculation is based on an average of 3 samples per loan product. The samples are determined according to loan amount and repayment frequency (minimum, most frequent and maximum). You can add up to 6 loan products. The total percentage for the product should add up to over 80% of the loan portfolio.
How do I fill in the APR tool with data from MFT Pricing Calculator? . . .
1) Fill in the first section of the Loan Product Analysis section - lines 3 -8. If you fill in more, you’ll get an error message
2) Go to APR Estimation table below.
3) Insert the APRs you calculated into the Orange cells (APR from MFT Pricing Calculator)
4) Replicate for enough products to cover 80% of loan portfolio
5) An average APR will be calculated in cell AA24
6) Insert value in Organization info Page, cell 221
What are the blue dots in Column A of the Organization Information page?. . .
The dots designate indicators that are needed to fill in the Social Dashboard.
In the Questionnaire, do I have to fill in the Comments column?. . .
Yes, it is strongly advised in order to justify scoring. Comments may not be needed on all the indicators, but the more detail, the better. Comments allow CERISE to validate the analysis, and make it easier for anyone else looking at the questionnaire to understand the analysis.
I don’t understand the indicator! What can I do? . .
The graphs don't seem to appear properly . . .
You need to fill in ALL the indicators in the questionnaire to see the graphs being generated--even those detail level questions in like 3b217 or 3b329 The counter at the top of the questionnaire will let you know how many indicators remain to be answered.
To easily identify which indicators remain to be answered, filter column AM (click on the small gray triangle) and select “-----".
Borrower retention rate - what formula is used? . . .
number of active borrowers / (number of borrowers at the begining of the period + new borrowers during the period)
Staff rotation rate - what formula is used? . . .
Number of exits / (Total staff + Staff employed > 1 year) / 2 )
Still have questions? Send us an email at email@example.com